This with a bowler tip to Sir Herbert Beeching...
Eye's readers may be interested in the following savings agreed by my colleagues...
- A £309m reduction in the Department's specific grants to local authorities
- The Secretary of State is consulting the Mayor on a proposed £108m reduction in the Department’s grant to TfL, the same percentage reduction proposed across local government.
- Network Rail will reduce spend by £100m
- The Department is also making £112m savings in its direct expenditure.
- The Department will not be going forward in 2010-11 with planned spend on the HLOS rolling stock schemes that have not already been contractualised.
Farewell Messrs Hall and Green, Stationers to the late Lord DafT Vader, and their Better Stations Programme?
One piece of good news.
Happily my First Division colleagues have confirmed that the entire £683m saving will no longer be achieved by simply cancelling Stuart Baker...