Friday 9 July 2010

South West Trains expands onto West Coast?

This from Driver Potter...

I refer to the July 2010 edition of Modern Railways (Page 22 if you're interested) wherein is made mention of incidents with ice-bound Bendydildos:

"Ice also built up on and under the train. in one incident, a lump of ice was dislodged as a Class 390 was passing a Class 450 EMU. The ice bounced between the vehicles, breaking half a dozen windows on each train."

Us SWT boys aren't known for hanging about, but there is a limit to how far you can coast - Waterloo to the West Coast Main Line is probably asking a bit.

Can I claim my prize for "Pedant of the Month" now, or do I have to wait?

UPDATE: This from Captain Deltic...

That should be Smart*rs* of the month and I can only blame the Editor for not covering up my deteriorating faculties for once.