Friday 29 January 2010

Patron Saint of Children on Eurostar debacle

This just in, somewhat surprisingly, from St Nicholas...

According to the policeman who took charge of one Eurostar in the absence of any initiative from the train staff - other than to call for police assistance - it was necessary to open the doors because young children were suffering because of the high temperature inside the Eurostar.

I had my work cut out that evening, I can tell you.

UPDATE: This, even more surprisingly, from St Christopher...

As Patron Saint of Travellers I should point out that St Nicholas was operating under my overall protection plan.

UPDATE: This just in from St Gregory of Nusia...

I just look after civil engineers.

Traction and rolling stock engineers appear not to have a patron saint which could explain a lot.

UPDATE: Astonishingly, this from the late Rudyard Kipling...

Could I suggest that St Martha takes over responsibility for railway engineers in general?

See my Poem "The sons of Martha and Mary".

UPDATE: This just in from Pope Benedict XVI...

I vill consider Herr Kipling's vequest and may grant ein plenary indulgence under ze usual conditions.

Right. Stop this now. It's all getting very silly. Ed